Lipstick fades quickly and sometimes it disappears completely; a common problem faced by women. That’s why most of them opt for a light color and avoid the stronger ones.
There are ways to make lipstick last longer, in addition to choosing cosmetics from a well-known brand.
Three ways to make lipstick last long:
1- With powder and paper tissue:
• To set lipstick, whichever the color, you need face powder and two-ply paper tissue.
• Apply lipstick.
• Separate the two plies of the paper tissue and cover your lips with one ply only; apply a good amount of powder over the paper tissue with a makeup brush.
• Wait for a while then remove the paper tissue. After a long evening out, you will discover that your lipstick is still in place.
2- With a lip contour pencil:
• Choose a contour pencil in the same color of the lipstick to be used. Define the outer border of your lips.
• Apply lipstick with a lip brush.
Reapply lip contour to accentuate the color.
• Use cotton swabs to blend lip contour and lipstick.
• Reapply lipstick and repeat the steps again. You will notice that your lipstick stayed on for longer.
3- With face powder:
Follow the steps outlined in number 2, but put a touch of powder on your lips before applying lipstick for the second time; powder helps lipstick to stay put for the longest possible time.
Try one of the above-mentioned methods to set lipstick without the need for frequent touch-ups.