Among iconic brides who drew the attention of the world with their wonderful and elegant look are Princess Diana and Elizabeth Taylor.
If you want to know more about the secrets of their beauty, this article gives some information about each of them.
Diana was born into an aristocratic English family with royal ancestry as The Honourable Diana Spencer. She was the first wife of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, the eldest son and heir apparent of Queen Elizabeth II; their wedding took place on 29 July 1981 at St Paul's Cathedral. The "wedding of the century," as it was called, was watched by an estimated global TV audience of 750 million.
Princess Diana left this world, but she remains alive in the collective memory with her quiet beauty and elegance. Princess Diana liked to appear in a natural look without excessive makeup; her clear and blemish free skin was enough to attract attention.
Mary Greenwell, Princess Diana’s makeup artist, disclosed some of the beauty tips followed by the late princess:
- Elegance is a graceful appearance; it is achieving a harmonious look between hair, makeup, clothes and accessories. Mary says that Princess Diana was aware of the impact of hair and makeup styles on her elegance. This is one of the reasons that made her a beauty icon.
- She had a young, wrinkle free skin; Princess Diana used to always remove her makeup before the end of the day and to cleanse her face before using cosmetics, in addition she used to drink a lot of water and avoid all food and external factors that might harm her skin.
- Before putting makeup, the Princess used to apply a suitable moisturizer plus a concealer to add more radiance to her eyes. She never used blue kohl or eyeshadow because this color doesn’t suit her blue eyes. When applying mascara, she made sure to cover all lashes from root to tip. The last step was putting lipstick in a color that suited her mood.
With her violet eyes, captivating beauty, strong personality and sharp intelligence, she was one of the luckiest and strongest actresses in Hollywood. She started her career at the age of 12, got married at the age of 18 and became a super star at the age of 19. Elizabeth Taylor became the focus of attention of the whole world; her bridal look when she got married to her first husband, the super-rich Nick Hilton, is still engraved in the collective memory. Taylor’s makeup artist revealed some beauty tricks she used:
- Taylor used to put a light and soft foundation in a shade close to the color of her blemish free skin.
- She used to apply blush in light nude colors for a livelier look. She never used beige or dark pink colors.
- Taylor had the most beautiful eyes in the world; she loved to put dark eyeshadows and to define her upper and lower eyelids witheyeliner in an outstanding way.
- For a harmonious look, she chose a bold eyebrow drawing by using a dark shade eyebrow pencil.
- Taylor relied on false eyelashes and thickening mascara to give her eyes a sharper and wider look.
- She chose to use lipstick in radiant and bold colors such as classic red, dark brown and orange.
- She used to put highlighter on her cheeks, under the eyes and on her nose which gave her makeup an outstanding modern touch.
If you love outstanding looks, adopt beauty tips that were used by Princess Diana and Elizabeth Taylor.