Matte makeup is one of the most followed trends because it suits day and evening looks; and, for sure, matte evening makeup is done differently than casual matte makeup.
If you love the non-shiny look, following are the steps to apply matte makeup in a professional way:
- Start by cleansing your face a gentle suitable cleanser. Some cleansers come with a special brush; follow the instructions written on the container for best results. Make sure to follow a daily face cleansing routine to get rid of skin oils that become excessive in summer, and to remove dirt from skin pores.
- Apply a moisturizer; don’t skip this step because your face is in continuous need of moisture to minimize appearance of wrinkles and look refreshed. Make sure to moisturize well the eye area so the concealer can hide wrinkles in a good way.
- Choose a matte foundation with medium coverage. It will absorb excess oil and leave your skin non shiny and refreshed for a longer time; it will also reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines. Distribute it with a medium brush on your entire face and neck and blend well.
- Use a matte concealer around the eyes to hide dark circles and fine lines; use a makeup sponge and distribute it by dabbing in a gentle way. Make sure to blend concealer with foundation.
- Choose a matte powder and distribute it over your face with a big soft bristle brush.
- Choose matte eyeshadow in harmonious colors; an eyeshadow palette is very helpful because palettes contain colors that can be mixed together for a wonderful result. Apply eyeshadow in earth colors; start by mixing white and nude colors (from palette shown in photo) with a brush and distribute eyeshadow on the entire eyelid, in a random way. Then apply dark brown on outer corner of eye, and light brown on mobile eyelid.
- Define your eyes with eyeliner; draw it in a soft style for a casual look or in a thick and winged style for evening. Use black kohl inside the eyes to enhance their beauty and glow.
- Apply lengthening and thickening mascara; use a lash curler to give your lashes a more attractive look.
- Choose a matte lipstick in a brown or nude color, and don’t use any gloss to keep a matte makeup. If you like this style, you can wear it on Eid al Adha for and outstanding and beautiful look.