You are lucky if you have this type of skin color; makeup for medium skin is one of the easiest as most colors suit it. Women with medium skin color are considered very attractive; the skin color of their face helps revealing the color and attractiveness of their eyes.
What is medium skin?
Medium skin, also known as wheatish complexion, is a skin tending toward brown and mainly found in the Middle East region. Medium skin can be a:
Light medium skin
It is the wheatish skin tending toward a fair tone and mostly found in the Levant region
Dark medium skin
Also known as olive skin, it is the medium brown color of most people living in the Arabian Gulf.
Medium skin is not sensitive to UV rays; prone to tanning, it rarely burns. In addition there is no need to use a blemish concealer since medium skin doesn’t suffer from blemishes as much as other types of skins.
Makeup tips for medium skin
Foundation for medium skin
For a natural look, choose a foundation color close to your skin color or one degree darker. A bronze foundation is considered the most suitable for medium skin.
Face powder for medium skin
Choose a bronze face powder to reveal the beauty of your skin through highlighting features such as the cheeks, the forehead and the nose.
Blusher for medium skin
Light and pale colors such as pink do not suit medium skin. Choose radiant colors such as peach and bronze that reveal the beauty of your cheeks and gives you an amazing radiance.
Eyeliner for medium skin
Choose a dark color such as black or brown to give more luminosity to your eyes. In case you wish to use colored eyeliner, we recommend trying dark olive green or indigo blue.
Lipstick for medium skin
Light pink colors suit women with medium skin. Preferably choose a lipstick color close to the natural color of your lips or use lip gloss for an attractive, natural look.
Tips for taking care of medium skin
- Cleanse deeply your skin by using a facial foam wash to get rid of dirt stuck in pores.
- Make sure to remove makeup, especially before bedtime as makeup clogs pores and prevents skin from breathing.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week to remove dead cells, or twice a week if your skin is oily.
- Moisturize your skin by using day and night moisturizers to avoid skin dryness and therefore reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Before putting makeup, apply a primer for a velvety, soft and oil-free skin and for makeup to stay put.
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays that contribute to the dryness of the skin and the appearance of spots and wrinkles.
- Avoid using commercial whitening creams; medium skin is one of the most beautiful skin colors.
- Drink a big amount of water, and eat fruits and proteins to maintain a healthy, radiant skin.
- Each skin color has its own makeup type and colors; find out what is your skin color to make it easier for you to choose the kind of makeup that reveals your beauty.